Sunday, November 27, 2011

Liz's Post Thanksgiving post

We got a "Happy Thanksgiving" call from Katie and Kevin just before sitting down for our turkey dinner.  So good to hear from them.  They had gone through a period of relative calm- which was good for getting out on deck, cooking some food, and, most importantly- taking a shower!  However, not much wind= not much progress. 

Yesterday, November 26, we got another call.  Tom answered the phone.  "I have to talk to Mom," Katie proclaimed.  Tom handed me the phone.  Katie began the conversation with "Mom, I have a question."  With those 5 words, my heart always skips a beat.  (My mind races, expecting the question to be something like:  "What should I do if I cannot find Kevin?" or "How should I treat a severe sunburn?" or maybe  "How do you cook a 400 lb tuna?")  I take a deep breath and respond, "OK, what is your question?"  Here it is.  This is what she called to ask from the middle of the Pacific Ocean........."Can you give me the recipe for chocolate chip cookies?"  After I let out a sigh of relief and rattled off the recipe, I asked her how she planned to bake those cookies.  As it turns out, she did not plan to bake them at all.  They were going to celebrate the holiday with a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough!

Then, with another gale starting to hit the boat, we hung up.  Here is hoping that they did not get sick!

Catch you at another lat/long coordinate....

1 comment:

  1. You have to give us your Lat and long so we can plot your coarse along the way. ! ! !
    Also, you can cook cookies in a frying pan too.
    LOL. But cookie dough is ok too.
    Cheers from your other sea fairing friends.
    Bev & Graeme

    ReplyDelete